For Block Captains - FAQs
What Are Block Captain Activities?
Some activities that Block Captains champion during the year include:
- Meet residents in his/her zone, greeting new neighbors;
- Explain the Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) published in 2020;
- Attend bi-monthly Block Captain meetings to receive news updates and provide feedback;
- Encourage residents to attend city-wide training and education programs on wildfire mitigation, emergency preparedness and other priorities;
- Conduct annual zone meetings with residents and first responders to distribute, update and exchange information.
- Participate in annual emergency response drills or simulations
How Do I Conduct A Zone Meeting?
Are you a new Block Captain? Do you need some tips on conducting your neighborhood “zone” meeting?
Review “How to Conduct Zone Meetings – 2020 ” for five (5) easy steps.
I want to review RH's Block Captain Training materials?
Review the latest training materials on “Block Captain Training ”